I’m currently still in Austin so I thought I’d keep today’s post light and fun! It also gives you an opportunity to get to know me a little better. It can be a hard to know someone on a personal level when you’re on the receiving end of a blog post or through Instagram photos. I thought this was a perfect opportunity to share some fun facts with you. I hope you have fun reading them as much as I did writing them. Enjoy!
1. I haven’t had a TV in my room in over eight years. When I was younger I used to spend a lot of time in my room watching TV. I started realizing that my bedroom wasn’t a place of relaxation anymore but more of a TV room. So I decided to get rid of it and I never looked back!
2. I love Harry Potter. In a I wish I could be a witch and leave to Hogwarts kind of way. Harry Potter was the first book that showed me just how much I love reading and I remember my dad taking me to see every movie. I dressed up as Hermione in elementary school and it’s hands down one of my favorite costumes yet.
3. I have a crazy good memory. I can remember things as far back as when I was 3 years old. Conversations I’ve had with people years ago. You name it. I’m someone who observes a lot so I think this is why I’m so good at remembering things.
4. My first language is Spanish. I used to hate speaking in Spanish when I was growing up but my dad always made sure I kept it with me even when I was in bilingual classes. I’m so glad I did because it’s such a huge part of who I am. I can speak, read and write it well but I wish I would have practiced it more.
5. I have to eat a piece of chocolate every day. It’s my guilty pleasure. I love dark chocolate with sea salt or chocolate with caramel filling. I honestly don’t think I could go a day without it…
6. I don’t have a “favorite” anything. When people ask me what my favorite color, movie, song, etc. I can never just pick one. I typically just say what comes to mind to avoid making it into a big deal but I honestly don’t have any!
7. Christmas is my favorite holiday! It is huge in my family. I’m talking over the top decorations outside AND inside my house. We have so many Christmas decorations that each year we swear we won’t buy more but… we do. Guilty as charged! We just love it. Each year we set up a day or two and put up all the Christmas decorations. I truly believe it’s the most wonderful time of the year. All of my family comes together and we get to really enjoy each other’s company which is what I love most about it. As soon as Thanksgiving is over it’s nonstop Christmas music until the 25th!
8. I can’t see myself not wearing glasses. I feel like it’s a part of me and my personality. I don’t feel like myself when I’m not wearing them and I feel I would lose a part of me if I did surgery. This may change in the future but righ now I feel really strong about this.
9. I can eat Chinese food every week, possibly every day and never get tired of it! My parents used to take us to this small Chinese buffet when my brother and I were kids and have been hooked since. My boyfriend and I have Chinese for dinner at least once a week. It’s just so good!!
10. I have had a total of four piercings in my life. My belly button, ears, monroe and helix. I now only have my ears pierced but for some time I was really into them. Mostly during my teenage years. I look back now and laugh at how silly it was!